Friday, August 27, 2010

I Love Men With Big Noses Why

dangerous summer - 9. His Will be done

A. Gentileschi, Judith Slaying Holofernes, 1612-13 (Naples, Museo di Capodimonte)

As you know, on 28 July, the Catalan Parliament approved an ILP (People's Initiative Act) which provides, From 1 January 2012, the abolition of bullfighting in the region. This news not only did not budge one iota of the plot system designed for this story but, as you will read in this chapter, fits comfortably within it.

Warning:
not for delicate stomachs

9

"His will be done"


For love can not forgive


That damned sentence would not stop tormenting me.
Manuel was as if, when hearing, had not only spoken of the relationship between him and Felipe, but also about myself, my life, all those little cracks that I pretended not to see.
I've always been convinced that he had never really known, love, perhaps because I have always accepted as true the stereotype that it gives.
A violent emotion that can wipe out everything else ... and were it not so? We really
sure it is fire or maybe water? As the taxi glided
lazy between the busy streets of Madrid I was convinced that, for example, on me the love he had acted like a river that I had folded my ambition.
I had forced in the tradition of friendship from the days of high school, when Diego, who, unlike me who design castles in the air has always preferred to knock down walls, had taught me that it was much better to indulge the impulses of the body, rather than spend time to understand them and explain them. Born in
the roaring nightlife we were to share with teens the city where we lived, where everything seemed possible, and allow us to test everything.
Madrid changed and our parents resigned themselves to see change with her, convinced that, after all, the cultural chasm that separated us was just a good thing.
But this rebellion, which to us seemed so extraordinarily revolutionary, was protected in the enclosure of a friendship was born when the first kisses were exchanged data for more curiosity than passion.
Diego and I have always been proud to be different from the others: more dreamers, more determined, more united. A duo
invincible and steel, such as strip cartoons, a microcosm of self and mutual powered by an instinctive sense of protection.


( continues here and here )

0 comments:

Post a Comment